Last year I pledged to read 100 books for my Goodreads Reading Challenge. I exceeded that number (but only barely). Again this year, I’ve pledged to read 100 titles.
In addition to the Goodreads reading challenge, I’ve decided to take the plunge and sign up for the 2017 NetGalley and Edelweiss Reading Challenge.
This challenge is hosted by Katrina who writes for the Bookish Things & More.
Have you ever logged on to Edelweiss or NetGalley with the intention of “Just looking” and then logged off having requested 5 new titles even though your TBR is a mile long? This challenge will (hopefully) give me the incentive to tackle my review books, stumble upon new ones, and get my NetGalley percentage to the desired 80%!
- The challenge will run from Jan 1, 2017 – Dec 31, 2017.
- Anyone is welcome to join. You do not need to be a blogger, just post your reviews and come back every month to link them up.
- Any genre, release date, request date, length, etc. counts so long as it came from Edelweiss or NetGalley.
- At the beginning of each month there will be a roundup post for you to add your reviews.
- If you forget to link up one month it’s not a problem just add your reviews next month.
- If you would like to move up or down levels that is completely fine and at your discretion.
- If you have any questions tweet Katrina @BookishThings or e-mail email@example.com!
- Hashtag: #NGEW2017
Bronze – 10 Books
Silver – 25 Books
Gold – 50 Books
Platinum – 75 Books
Diamond – 100 Books
I’m ‘going for gold‘ with the intention of reading at the very least 50 NetGalley and Edelweiss titles in 2017.
Want to join me in this challenge?
Lastly, I have joined a challenge that is part of the “Love of Reading” group on Goodreads.
Goodreads has a Challenge tool that is ideal to track the books read by this group in 2017. Here are the steps to participate.
First, you need to add a bookshelf in your ‘My Books’ section. I suggest you name it 4000 books but you may create whatever you’d prefer.
Next, go to the 4000 Books Challenge located on the home page and enter. You’ll be required to enter the number of books YOU plan to read in 2017 and your shelf name. Enter it EXACTLY as follows, all in lowercase (or, the alternate name you created): 4000-books
Once you’ve entered the information, save it. Every time you finish reading a book in 2017, you will add that book to the shelf you created. And, make certain you’ve entered a date completed in the field provided. That’s it!